Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 18 and 19 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to prevent injuries and deal with aches and pains with Dr. Kaitlyn Richardson ND, how to cope with loneliness over the holidays with Kevin Frankish, holiday gifts that make you say WOW! with Carlyle Jansen and tips and tools to keep your fitness up with Stacy Irvine.
We specifically discuss:
Prevent Injuries and Dealing With Aches and Pains
- What causes slip and fall injuries?
- How can we support our joints?
- Natural eggshell membrane
- Exercising through pain: yes or no?
- What to look for in supplements
Coping With Loneliness Over The Holidays
- Do we change?
- Why are the holidays so difficult for some?
- Loneliness needs to be recognized as a mental health issue
- The internet and social contact
- The algorithm and you
- “Get A Life”
- Do something for someone else
- The Happy Molecule
Gifts That Make You Say Wow!
- A gift of yourself
- Personalized coupon books
- Collecting memories
- “All the reasons I love you”
- Home décor
- “Personal” gifts from Good For Her
Tips and Tools Maintain Your Fitness
- The challenges of keeping fit during the holidays
- Fighting Covid and holiday related depression
- Holiday enjoyment is necessary: but plan for it
- Stay active: walk, multitask, skate etc.
- Don’t beat yourself up
- Start your health resolution early
- Healthy gift ideas
- Contest Winners!!!
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
To learn more about Dr. Kaitlyn Richardson ND go here
To learn more about Kevin Frankish go here.
To read articles written by Carlyle Jansen in The Tonic magazine go here
To learn more about Stacy Irvine go here.