Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 3 and 4 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss lifestyle and supplement choices which facilitate learning with Dr. Gordon Chang, how to discuss the notion of “consent” with your kids with Carlyle Jansen, fall garden clean up tips with Melissa Cameron and our choices for Michelin star restaurants in Toronto with Brigitte Foisy.
We specifically discuss:
Setting The Stage for Optimal Learning
- Protein powder (with vitamins)
- Food allergies
- Is it okay for kids to supplement?
- Omega3 oil
- Multiple strains of probiotics and cognition
- Immunity boosting
- Are there supplements that kids shouldn’t take?
- Increase protein intake for older kids
- Mediating anxiety
- B vitamins – ATP
- Anti-oxidants and free radicals
- Adaptogens for older kids
How To Discuss “Consent” With Your Kids
- How old should a child be when you discuss consent?
- Starting with hugs
- Can you explain why consent is necessary with kids?
- Older kids and sexual exploration
- Paying attention to their uncomfortable feelings
- Verbal expressions of sexuality
- Kids dating
- Managing fear and rejection
Fall Garden Clean Up Tips
- When should we start cleaning up the garden?
- What must be done during a Fall clean up?
- Dead plants and dead spots
- Fall clean up myths
- What can you put off until Spring?
- Cleaning tools
- Vegetable gardens
- Bringing plants in for the Winter
Which Toronto Restaurants Might Get Michelin Stars?
- The origin of Michelin stars
- What do the stars mean?
- Langdon Hall
- Don Alfonso 1890
- Bar Isabel
- Cafe Boulud
- R and D
- Masaki Saito
- 20 Victoria
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Carlyle Jansen go here.
To learn more about Melissa Cameron go here.
To learn more about Brigitte Foisy go here.