Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 14 and 15, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss a balanced approach for a healthy New Year with nutraceutical formulator Dr. Gordon Chang, ‘what’s the big deal with acceptance’ with mindfulness expert Tracy Soghrati, the consequences of saying yes with peak performance coach Hina Khan and healthy-ish baking hacks with cookbook reviewer Naomi Bussin
We specifically discuss:
A Balanced Approach For A Healthy New Year
- Resolutions and theoretical approaches
- Boosting your metabolism
- Diet and exercise
- The benefits of cleansing in support of weight loss
- Liver cleanse
- Kidney cleanse
- Components of a liver cleanse
- Water consumption
- Risk factors of cleansing
What’s The Big Deal With Acceptance?
- What does ‘acceptance’ mean?
- Touching the present moment
- Anxious fantasies
- Positive emotion priming
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- The 6 components of inflexibility
- A tangible example
The Consequences of Saying Yes
- ‘Being your word’
- Managing excuses
- Saying no
- What is outside your control
- The decision to ‘be your word’
- Are we capable of making this change
Making Baking Better
- Portion control
- Cutting back on sugar, fat or salt
- Cooking with spices
- Making baking easier
- Snackable Bakes, Jesse Sheehan
- What’s For Dessert, Claire Saffitz
- Small Batch Bakes Edd Kimber
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Tracy Soghrati go here.
To learn more about Hina Khan go here.
To read article by Naomi Bussin in The Tonic magazine go here.