Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 6 and 7, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the natural treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia with Dr. Ludovic Brunel ND, a better approach to weight loss for those over 40 with Dr. Sher Bovay DC, men’s healthy hormones with Robert Pierce and upcycling food with Jon Duschinsky
We specifically discuss:
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- What is the prostate gland?
- What is benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)?
- Who does (BPH) affect?
- Prostatitis in younger men
- How do you know if you’re suffering from BPH?
- Natural products to help with (BPH)
- Stinging Nettle
- Saw Palmetto
- Rye Flower Pollen
- Free Plant Sterols
- Mitigating the effect of testosterone on prostate tissue
- The symptoms of BPH
- How do you know if your BPH is being controlled?
- Lifestyle choices
- Enlarged prostate and sexual problems
A Better Approach to Weight Loss for those 40+
- What is the basis for the counting calories model of weight loss?
- When does counting calories work?
- Why does counting calories sometimes not work?
- Addressing “Internal imbalance”
- Hormones: insulin
- Desensitized insulin receptors
- Genetics and our behaviour
- Using fat for fuel: ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting
Men’s Hormone Health
- What do we know about men’s health?
- Hormonal balance in men: Andropause
- How do hormones affect men’s overall wellbeing?
- Enlarged prostate
- Having an active sex lives as men age
- Exercise tips for men as we age
- What is upcycled food?
- Food waste
- Why should we care about food waste?
- What are the upcycling solutions?
- The upcycle food festival
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
To learn more about Dr. Ludovic Brunel ND go here
To learn more about Dr. Sher Bovay DC go here
To learn more about Robert Pierce and his team go here.
To learn more about Jon Duschinsky go here.