Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 9 and 10, 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how to boost your energy with Joel Thuna, the power of intermittent silence with Dr. Krishna Bhatta, the best Spring brunch spots in Toronto with Brigitte Foisy and gardening in small urban spaces with Melissa Cameron
We specifically discuss:
How To Boost Your Energy
- Covid 19, chronic stress and energy levels
- Technology and modern sleep patterns
- Focus on optimal sleep through sleep hygiene
- Get energy through exercise
- Nutrition rich whole foods
- The role of stimulants
- Active Vitamin B12 and liquid greens
- Active Vitamin B12, Ginseng, Turmeric for a boost
- Active and passive Vitamin B12
- There is a protein for everyone
- Cancelling out stress: yoga, adaptogens, diet and lifestyle decisions
The Power of Intermittent Silence
- What is intermittent silence?
- Sleep vs. intermittent silence
- The benefits of intermittent silence
- The practice of intermittent silence
- Co-existing with your thoughts
- How does intermittent silence work?
- Yoga Nidra
- Can it be a group practice?
- The potential uncomfortableness of silence at first
- The relaxx app
The Best Spring Brunch Spots
- Restaurant scoops!
- Mildred’s Temple Kitchen
- The Smith
- Liberty Common
- Bar Koukla
- Bar Raval
- Pow Wow Cafe
- Schmaltz Appetizing
Tips For Gardening in Small Urban Spaces
- Growing a garden on a balcony
- Getting the right planter
- Planter materials
- Getting the right soil
- Can you grow vegetables on your balcony?
- Plants to avoid on the balcony
- Choosing perennials
- Advantages to growing on the balcony
- Recommended varieties
- Minding the pigeons (“flying rats”)
To learn more about show sponsor Pure Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Khrishna Bhatta go here.
To learn more about Brigitte Foisy go here
To learn more about Melissa Cameron go here.