Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 28 and 29, 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss your poop and digestive health with Joel Thuna, post-Covid dating protocols with Carlyle Jansen, low maintenance gardens with Melissa Cameron and the rise of placebo medicine with David Nelson
We specifically discuss:
The Scoop on Poop
- What is feces?
- Why is feces brown?
- What does it mean if it isn’t?
- Is there such a thing as a normal bowel movement?
- What lifestyle choices impact regularity?
- What is diarrhea?
- What is constipation?
- The digestion process
- Prebiotics and probiotics
- Lifestyle choices: diet and exercise
Post-Covid Dating Protocols
- Be yourself
- Should you be candid in all circumstances?
- How should you get started?
- Meeting in real life
- Identifying red flags
- Safety protocols
- Safe sex
Low Maintenance Gardens
- What is a low maintenance garden?
- Who should have a low maintenance garden?
- Irrigation system
- Landscape fabric
- Low maintenance plants
- Edible plants
- Ground cover
The Rise of Placebo Medicine
- What is a placebo?
- Expectation of outcome
- “White coat syndrome”
- Caffeine and alcohol
- Personality and the placebo effect
- What is a nocebo?
- Park prescriptions
- Where is placebo science going?
To learn more about show sponsor Pure Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read articles by Carlyle Jansen in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Melissa Cameron go here.
To learn more about David Nelson go here