Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on June 25 and 26, 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the importance of protein with Joel Thuna, the key to non-violent communication with Tracey Soghrati, ayurvedic daily rituals with Mamta and Karishma Pranjivan and the natural support of your thyroid with Dr. Stephanie Rubino ND
We specifically discuss:
The Importance of Protein
- The purpose of protein
- Amino acids
- What do amino acids do?
- Branch chain amino acids
- Where are proteins used in the body?
- Sources of protein
- Complete protein
- Single ingredient foods vs. processed foods
- Building up and breaking down muscle
- Age related muscle loss
The Key to Non-Violent Communication
- What is non-violent communication?
- Understanding the underlying needs beneath the words
- How can we practice non-violent communication?
- Observing without judgment
- Identifying needs or desires
- What causes disconnection in communication?
Ayurvedic Daily Rituals
- The meaning of Ayurveda
- The aims of Ayurveda
- The doshas
- Ayurvedic ingredients
- The benefits of oils for hair
- Oil for skin
Supporting the Thyroid Naturally
- What is the thyroid gland?
- What does the thyroid gland do?
- The thyroid glands and hormones
- Sub-clinical hypothyroidism and extreme hypothyroidism
- When can hypothyroidism occur?
- Can your diet and supplementation help with hypothyroidism?
- Will a blood test show if you have hypothyroidism?
- TSH, Free T3 and Free T4, and antibody testing
- Basal body temperature testing
- Is this type of testing normally done during routine physical examinations?
- Lifestyle decisions
- The nutrients that support our thyroid function
To learn more about show sponsor Pure Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To learn more about Mamta and Karishma Pranjivan go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stephanie Rubino ND go here