Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 13 and 14 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss natural pet support with Dr. Gordon Chang, sexual accelerators and brakes with Carlyle Jansen, the fastest growing sport, Toronto’s best patios with Brigitte Foisy and Pickleball with Bryan Merritt.
We specifically discuss:
Natural Pet Support
- Anxiety and separation anxiety in dogs
- Chinese herbal remedies for pet anxiety
- Formulations for pets vs. humans
- Dog competition/sports related stress
- Learned behaviour
- Pet joint health
- Anti-inflammatories for pet joint pain relief
Sexual Accelerators and Brakes
- How is sex like driving a car?
- The “dual control” model of sexual response
- Accelrators and brakes in context
- Cultural impact on notions of sexuality
- Examples of accelerators
- Examples of brakes
- Hypersensitivity to brakes
- The key to the dual control model
The Best Patios in Toronto
- SCOOP: Bocuse d’or Silver for Canada!
- Brigitte’s favourites
- Distillery District: El Catrin Destileria and Cluny
- Ossington Avenue
- King West: Lee and Lapinou
- Yorkville: Bar Reyna
- Summerhill: Terroni (on Price)
- Hotel patios: W, Westin Harbour Castle, Drake, One, Ritz Carlton and The Broadview
- What is Pickleball…and what is the appeal?
- How is the game played?
- How is the game scored?
- The health benefits of Pickleball
- Is there a requisite health level required to play?
- Are there any injury risks?
- What equipment is required?
- First steps to playing
- More information on Pickleball
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Carlyle Jansen go here.
To learn more about Brigitte Foisy go here.
To learn more about Pickleball go here.