Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 8 and 9 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss maintaining bone density naturally with Dr. Gordon Chang, the importance of setting boundaries with Melissa Urban, the workings of your glymphatic system with David Nelson and whether hybrid yoga is right for you with Jelayna Da Silva.
We specifically discuss:
Maintaining Bone Density Naturally
- Osteoporosis as we age
- The supply of minerals is more than Calcium and Vitamin D
- Our ability to absorb nutrients as we age
- Insoluble and soluble fiber
- Antioxidants and free radicals
- Lifestyle choices
- Hormonal health
- Label reading supplements: DRD
The Importance of Setting Boundaries
- What is a boundary?
- Why are boundaries so important?
- Why are people uncomfortable with boundaries?
- Strategies to hold boundaries
- How do you respond to pushback?
- Are boundaries merely manipulations?
- Energy vampires
- The Relationship “Golden Rule”
The Glymphatic System
- What is the glymphatic system?
- What does it do?
- Piggybacking on the paravasculare system
- The risk of not moving
- Lifestyle factors which support the glymphatic system
- The interconnectedness of your health
- Sleep, vascular health diet, exercise, low levels of alcohol
Is Hybrid Yoga Right For You?
- What is hybrid yoga?
- Why is hybrid yoga controversial?
- Is hybrid yoga a form of cultural appropriation?
- Why would someone benefit from hybrid yoga?
- Who might benefit from a hybrid yoga class?
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Melissa Urban go here.
To learn more about David Nelson go here.
To learn more about Jelayna Da Silva go here.