Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 7 and 8, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the importance of testing supplements with health expert Andrea Donsky, how to achieve your nutrition goals for the New Year with Dietician Shauna Lindzon, RSV and Seniors with Dr. Jia Hu and the modifiable risks of dementia with author Jay Ingram
We specifically discuss:
The Importance of Testing Supplements
- Are the nutraceuticals in the Canadian market safe?
- What should companies be testing for?
- ISO1705 accredited labs
- What is 3rd party testing?
- Testing raw materials for identity
- Potency testing
- Testing for contaminants
- Testing final products
Achieving Your Nutrition Goals in the New Year
- The nature of your goals
- Lifestyle changes
- Nutrition trends
- Canned foods
- High protein pasta
RSV and Seniors
- What is RSV?
- RSV has always been with us
- Long term care facilities
- Why is RSV spiking?
- Health risks of RSV for older Canadians
- Is RSV more dangerous than Covid?
- Can you test for RSV?
- Mitigating the symptoms of RSV
- RSV prevention
The Modifiable Risks of Dementia
- What are the risks of developing dementia?
- Hearing loss
- High blood pressure
- Is dementia hereditary?
- Physical activity
- Social engagement
- Brain injury
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here
To learn more about Andrea Donsky go here
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here
To learn more about Dr. Jia Hu go here
To learn more about Jay Ingram go here