Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 28 and 29, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the effective treatment of Type 2 Diabetes with Endocrinologist Dr. Christine Ibrahim; beauty tips for those suffering from eczema, psoriasis, and contact dermatitis with beauty expert Vee Mistry; wellness trends for 2023 with fitness expert Dr. Stacy Irvine DC and whether oxalates in your food are harming you with nutrition expert Sally K. Norton.
We specifically discuss:
The Effective Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
- What is diabetes?
- Type 1 vs. Type 2 diabetes
- The factors leading to the development of Type 2 diabetes
- The collateral health impacts of having Type 2 diabetes
- Microvascular and macrovascular effects of diabetes
- What can someone do to manage Type 2 diabetes
- The benefits of long acting basal insulin
- What is the “time in range” and why is it relevant?
- Common issues/needs for those suffering with Type 2 diabetes
Beauty Tips for Those With Eczema, Psoriasis and Contact Dermatitis
- Can skin conditions be caused by a beauty product?
- Contact dermatitis…and an appropriate beauty regimen
- Products and beauty protocols to help with eczema
- Suitable products to use if you suffer from psoriasis
Wellness Trends for 2023
- How do you decide which wellness trends have merit?
- Go to the source
- Cold immersion therapy
- Wellness trends leading to sociability
- Try it out first before you commit/invest
Are the Oxalates In Your Food Harming You?
- What are oxalates?
- What foods have oxalates?
- How does the body absorb oxalates?
- What do oxalates do to your body?
- Is everyone impacted by oxalates?
- Food swaps to remove oxalates from your diet
To learn more about the treatment of diabetes, please visit: www.Diabetes.ca
To learn more about Vee Mistry go here
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine DC go here.
To learn more about Sally K. Norton go here