Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 20 and 21, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to have an active Spring at any age with nutraceutical formulator Dr. Gordon Chang, attachment style and your relationships with mindfulness expert, Tracey Soghrati, reconstructive surgery with plastic surgeons Drs. Ron Somogyi and Waqqas Jalil and what its like to live with psoriasis with sufferer Daryl Scott
We specifically discuss:
How to Have an Active Spring (At Any Age)
- Ultimate frisbee!
- Preparing to be active
- Ginseng and endurance
- Improving energy levels
- Post activity recovery
- Magnesium and zinc
- Seasonal allergies
- Does seasonal heat necessitate increased dosages?
Attachment Style and Your Relationships
- What is attachment style?
- Secure attachment style
- Anxious/Preoccupied style
- Dismissal/Avoidant style
- Fearful/Avoidant style
- Can you change your attachment style?
- What type of relationships does this theory pertain to?
- Training in reconstructive surgery
- Which procedures do people in their 40s, 50’s and 60’s want?
- Recovery periods for reconstructive surgery
- Risks and complications with elective surgery
- What is post-operative care?
What It’s Like To Live With Psoriasis
- How does psoriasis impact a person?
- Skin touching skin
- Is self-consciousness an impediment to treatment?
- A clinical trial: Zoryve
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To learn more about Drs. Ron Somogyi and Waqqas Jalil go here.
To learn more about Daryl Scott go here.