Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on May 27 and 28, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss new innovations in the treatment of cataracts with Dr. Paul Sanghera, whether there is a loneliness crisis with psychotherapist John Sovec, the garden hacks to avoid with organic master gardener Melissa Cameron and dealing with a hernia with sports rehab expert Stacy Irvine
We specifically discuss:
New Innovations in Cataract Treatment
- What is cataract surgery?
- Light adjustable lenses
- Laser surgery
- Post surgery adjustments
- Carbon neutral surgery: sustainability
- Avoiding infections
Is There a Loneliness Health Crisis?
- Social media as a driver of loneliness
- Who is impacted most by the loneliness factor?
- The health risks to being lonely
- The supporting data
- Other factors collateral to loneliness that impact health
- Overcoming loneliness
Garden Hacks to Avoid
- The popularity of garden hacks
- Embracing the ritual of gardening
- Is social media to blame?
- Hacks can do damage
- The cost of hacks
- Insect barriers
- How has gardening changed?
- Quality gardening resources
- The New Vegetable Grower’s Handbook
- Cut Flower Garden
The Treatment of Hernias
- What is an abdominal hernia?
- What does it feel like?
- Causes of hernias
- Support belts
- Can you exercise with a hernia?
- Exercise modifications: What can you do to help?
To learn more about show sponsor Lumea and Dr. Paul Sanghera go here.
To learn more about John Sovec go here.
To learn more about Melissa Cameron go here.
To learn more about Stacy Irvine go here.