Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 9 and 10 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the differences in nutraceuticals for humans and pets with nutraceutical formulator Dr. Gordon Chang, the ‘gift’ of perspective with author Lindsey Roy, how social media impacts anxiety with Dr. Eran Magen and Post-Covid Blood Cancer Care with Charity CEO Raymond Vles
We specifically discuss:
Nutraceuticals for Humans or…Pets
- The physiology of mammals: similarities and differences
- Can human supplements be used for our pets?
- One time vs. ongoing use
- Recommended uses
- Information on the package
The ‘Gift’ of Perspective
- Life experiences edifying perspective
- Can we change our perspective?
- Passive vs. Active events
- Sustainable tools to change perspective
- Vulnerability as a skill
- Borrowing perspective
Social Media and Anxiety
- How does social media impact mental health?
- The problems with social media
- Shallow connections on social media
- Early Alert: proactive suicide prevention
- The implementation of AI
- The first step: The importance of asking “How are you?”
Post-Covid Blood Cancer Care
- Why is blood cancer awareness so important?
- What is CLL?
- A slowly evolving disease that can be treated
- The challenges that CLL patients face
- Symptoms and compromised immunity
- How did Covid impact blood cancers?
- Post Covid issues
- Sources of information
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Lindsey Roy go here.
To learn more about Dr. Eran Magen go here.
To learn more about Raymond Vles go here.