Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 23 and 24, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in The Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the importance of exercise during fasting with wellness CEO Greg Lindberg, the 5 pillars of autoimmune health with naturopath Dr. Barb Woegerer, whether ‘sitting’ is the new ‘smoking’ with rehab specialist Dr. Sender Deutsch DC and Black Healthcare Professionals with Dr. Nik Whyte MD
We specifically discuss:
The Importance of Exercise During Fasting
- What is the role of exercise during fasting?
- Types of appropriate exercise
- Why is it so important to exercise during fasting?
- Getting to ketogenic metabolism
- Does the body react differently to exercise during fasting?
- The psychology of exercising during fasting
- Motivation over the long run
- What type of exercises are appropriate during fasting?
- Exercise and rest
- Reasonable expectations of fasting and exercising (anecdotal)
- Safety protocols
The 5 Pillars of Autoimmunity
- Foods and chronic inflammation
- Mitigating stress
- Exercise – balance and intensity
- The gut microbiome
Is ‘Sitting’ The New “Smoking”?
- Why is sitting so bad for us?
- Are we actually sitting more?
- Mitigating the damage of sitting
- The collateral benefits to movement/exercise
- Poor posture
- Cell phones
- What can employers do to help the situation?
- Misconceptions and myths
Black Healthcare Professionals
- The Black Healthcare Professionals Network
- The challenges faced by black healthcare professionals
- Why is it relevant that black patients have access to black healthcare professionals?
- How does the directory work?
- The future of the directory
To learn more about show sponsor, LifeLong Labs go here
To learn more about Dr. Barbara Woegerer ND go here
To learn more about Dr. Sender Deutsch DC go here
To learn more about Dr. Nik Whyte MD go here.