Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 4 and 5, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss prostate health with Dr. Ludovic Brunel ND, how you can help prevent cancer naturally with functional nutritional therapist, Katrina Foe, new protocols to treat heart attacks with researcher Dr. Andreas Kumar MD, and navigating proper pronouns with fundraiser and DEI advocate Layne.
We specifically discuss:
- The role of the prostate in mens’ health
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- How the prostate grows over time
- What happens when the prostate gets bigger?
- Waking up in the middle of the night to urinate
- Risk factors for BPH
- The role of testosterone
- Testing for BPH
- Natural treatments for BPH
- Supplements for prostate health
- Saw Palmetto
- Rye Flower Pollen
- Plant sterols
Help To Prevent Cancer Naturally
- Reducing the carb load via ketosis
- Blood sugar
- “Root Cause Drivers” of cancer
NOTE: Please consult your health practitioner before undertaking any of the steps advocated by Katrina Foe
New Protocols to Treat Heart Attacks
- What is an Acute Myocardial Infarction (MI)?
- How are MI’s diagnosed and categorized?
- New classifications of MI’s
- The 4 different types/stages of MI
- The impact of the new tool
- Protocols in emergency
- The new tool helps to predict outcomes
- How the new classification will improve care
Navigating Proper Pronouns
- Why do we focus on pronouns?
- Affirming gender identity
- How can using pronouns be more inclusive?
- How do we get started?
- Practicing empathy
- Appropriate engagement
- What is the impact?
- Its okay to make a mistake
- DEI workshop on gender identity
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here
To learn more about Dr. Ludovic Brunel go here
To learn more about Katrina Foe go here
To learn more about Dr. Andreas Kumar go here
To learn more about Layne go here