Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 11 and 12 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss your digestive process with nutraceutical formulator Dr. Gordon Chang, the causes of and solutions for vaccine hesitancy with researcher Dr. Eve Dube, the benefits of a womens’ running group with group leader Julie Meltzer and the health benefits of coffee with Coffee Roaster Adam Pesce
We specifically discuss:
Digestion, From Top to Bottom
- What does the digestive system do?
- Breaking down the carbohydrates, fats and proteins
- Proteins and the absorption of amino acids
- Fats are necessary
- Vitamins and mineral absorption
- The chewing process
- Digestion as we age
- Digestive enzymes for fat, protein and carbohydrates
- What to look for in a digestive enzyme
- Temperature and PH level
- What is vaccine hesitancy?
- Why is it a problem?
- Vaccine hesitancy vs. vaccine refusal
- Cultural factors
- The political perspective
- There is logic behind hesitancy
- Concerns, complacency and conveniency
- The impact of Covid-19
Womens’ Running Groups
- The health benefits of running
- What is 261Fearless Club Toronto?
- Why was 261Fearless founded?
- The mission statement
- Starting the Toronto chapter
- Open to all levels of runners
- Bad weather running
- Beyond the running
- contact: email@example.com
The Health Benefits of Coffee
- The health benefits
- Metabolizing caffeine
- The different types of coffee/caffeine content
- Arabica and Robusta coffees
- Decaffeinated coffee
- Does it matter where the coffee is grown?
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Dr. Eve Dube go here.
To learn more about Julie Meltzer’s running group go here.
To learn more about Adam Pesce go here.