Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 25 and 26, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss the natural treatment of cold and flu with Dr. Colleen Hartwick ND, how to eat right to get a good night sleep with Neurologist Dr. Chris Winter MD how mindfulness can help with your body image with mindfulness expert Tracey Soghrati and overcoming the stigma of chronic pain with physiotherapist Milay Patel.
We specifically discuss:
The Natural Treatment of Cold and Flu
- The differences between colds and flus
- Are colds and flus really seasonal?
- Lifestyle choices: Diet, exercise etc.
- The dangers of carrying extra weight
- What foods and supplements can help us battle colds and flu?
- Elderberry and immune support
- Are colds and flus more prevalent and lasting longer?
- Cold sores
- Supplement recommendations
Eat Right and Sleep Tight
- Nutrition and sleep
- Sleep helps with weight loss
- Why don’t we prioritize sleep?
- Making your decisions actionable
- Incremental changes add up
- The timing of when you eat
- Food choices
- Top tip for a good night’s sleep
Mindfulness and Your Body Image
- Why is body image relevant now?
- How do I know if I’m over concerned about my appearance?
- Appearance over concern
- Body checking
- Altering your looks
- Nobody cares about your appearance as much as yourself
- Retraining your behaviours
Chronic Pain Treatment
- National Pain Awareness Week
- Acute vs. Chronic pain
- Suffering with pain within the Canadian healthcare system
- What should people do if they are suffering from chronic pain?
- Physiotherapy assessment
- Physiotherapy is patient oriented
- Can physiotherapists prescribe?
- How pain impacts others
- Access to physiotherapy
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here
To learn more about Dr. Colleen Hartwick ND go here
To learn more about Dr. Chris Winter MD go here
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here
To learn more about Milay Patel go here