Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 13 and 14, 2024 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to maintain your good health while travelling with Dr. Kaitlyn Zorn ND, understanding the science of nano-biology with biomedical engineering PhD candidate Bram Bussin, how journaling can help regulate your emotional health with life coach and yogi Radha Metro-Midkiff and what every woman should know about ovarian cancer with clinic leader Dr. Leo B Twiggs MD
We specifically discuss:
Stay Healthy While Travelling
- Change of routine
- Supplements for travellers
- Immune support
- Travel Probiotics
- Jet lag
- Eating a healthy diet while on holiday
- Proper hydration
- Grapefruit seed oil
- The benefits of exercise/rest
- Communication of health issues
- When you’re back from travelling
- What is a nano-particle?
- What is nano-medicine?
- Nano-particles are specialized delivery system
- Why use nano-particles?
- Targeting methods: scattershot vs. active targeting
- Timing as a factor in targeting method
- Why the liver interacts with nano-particles
Journaling for Emotional Regulation
- Mindfulness and stress reduction
- Emotional regulation
- Mindfulness tools
- How can journaling help?
- How does journaling work?
- The power of words
- How do you get started journaling?
The Diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer
- What is a woman’s risk of developing ovarian cancer?
- Family history and symptoms
- Diagnostic tests: ultrasound and blood tests
- Ovarian enlargement might not be caused by cancer
- Biomarkers: proteins in the blood
- Factors militating towards surgery
- The risks of removing ovaries
- You can’t biopsy an ovary
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here
To learn more about Dr. Kaitlyn Zorn ND go here
To learn more about Bram Bussin go here
To learn more about Radha Metro-Mitkiff go here
To learn more about Dr. Leo B Twiggs MD go here