Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 29 and 30, 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss echinacea and the treatment of viruses with Sherry Torkos, the topical treatment of joint pain with Farid Ibrahim, acupuncture as a treatment for migraine headaches with Dr. Nadia Rizzo ND and the status of Toronto restaurants under Covid-19 restrictions with Brigitte Foisy.
We specifically discuss:
Echinacea: A Treatment for Covid-19 and Other Viruses
- Why are older Canadians more susceptible to infections?
- Natural supplements for immune health
- Echinaforce studied for effectiveness for corona virus
- 63% Reduction in risk in infection of Sars-Covid2
- Recover 8 days faster from upper respiratory tract infections (5 days from Sars-Covid2)
- Reduces transmission due to 99% reduction in viral load
- 30% reduction in covid-19 symptom severity
- Reduces secondary infection rate by 65%
- Dosage recommendation
- What to look for in Echinacea
- Contraindications and side effects
BONUS OFFER: GO TO AVOGEL.CA AND USE PROMO CODE TONIC20 TO GET 20% YOUR PURCHASE OF ECHINAFORCE
The Topical Treatment of Joint Pain
- What are the underlying factors causing joint pain?
- What are the natural ingredients that help to ease joint pain?
- The pros and cons of the modes of taking glucosamine
- Topical glucosamine
- The connection between chronic inflammation and joint pain
Acupuncture: A Natural Cure for Migraines
- What are the causes of the onset of a migraine?
- Food triggers of migraines
- How do you know if you are experiencing a migraine?
- How can you treat a migraine?
- Natural treatments of migraines
- The idea and process of acupuncture
Toronto Restaurants Under Covid-19 Restrictions
- The hospitality industry has been hit hard by the pandemic
- Some restaurants are closing, but others are killing it:
- Alo at Home
- Ration Food Lab
- Joybird Fried Chicken : Cooking Boxes and ghost “House of Woo” on Ubereats and take out
- Batifole: pre-prepared foods in jarred foods
- Bar Isabel tapas boxes
- Patois – boxes
- Maker Pizza “Frank’s Best”
To find out more about show sponsor A Vogel and their Echinaforce go here.
To learn more about Sherry Torkos go here.
To learn more about Farid Ibrahim, his father Sam and Nutravite go here.
To learn more about Dr. Nadia Rizzo ND go here.
To learn more about Brigitte Foisy go here.