Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 16 and 17, 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss CBD for skincare with Umar Syed, healthcare innovation and collaboration with Jefferson Tea and Aaron Leibtag, understanding incels with Carlyle Jansen, why you should add to your routine vaccinations with Dr. Christine Palmay
We specifically discuss:
CBD for Skincare
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Topical corticosteroids
- Biological drugs for psoriasis
- CBD as an anti-inflammatory
- Can CBD be used preventatively for skin conditions?
- CBD for acne
- Can topical CBD be used with traditional treatments?
- Does THC have therapeutic value for skin conditions?
- Are there any adverse reactions to using CBD for skincare?
- How can you access topical CBD products?
Healthcare Innovation and Collaboration
- Takeda and healthcare innovation
- The Innovation challenge
- Pentavere: AI technology used for clinical discovery enabling research
- Siloing of information
- Privacy, governance and ethical issues regarding sourcing medical information
- AI research in Toronto
- The Involunary Celebacy Project
- Incel Support and Loveshy
- The connection between incels and mass murder
- The earmarks and terminology of incels
- Social entitlement
- The role of social media
- How do you respond to the incel philosophy?
Adding to Routine Vaccinations
- The connection between Covid-19 and Shingles
- Vaccination needs post Covid-19
- Is there a healtcare fatigue?
- Vaccines for age related risks: Influenza, Shingles, Pneumococcal
- Small Pox vaccines and Monkeypox protection
- Protocols for Monkeypox prevention
To learn more about show sponsor Opticann and Umar Syed go here.
To learn more about Jefferson Tea go here.
To learn more about Aaron Leibtag go here.
To learn more about Carlyle Jansen go here.
To learn more about Dr. Christine Palmay go here.