Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 3 and 4, 2022 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how the medications you take and the lifestyle choices you make may impact your sleep with Geriatric pharmacist Andy Donald, whether yoga is really yoga without meditation with local yogi Julie Watson, the modern treatment of Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis with Dr. Remo Panaccione and how to cope with holiday stress with Trauma Counsellor Catherine Clark
We specifically discuss:
How Medications and Lifestyle Choices Impact Your Sleep
- Recap of how medications negatively impact sleep from Episode #262
- Avoiding stimulants: caffeine and nicotine
- Avoiding blue light
- Body temperature
- Avoid napping in the afternoon
- Relaxation techniques
Is There Yoga Without Meditation?
- What is yoga?
- Yoga as an aesthetic
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Beyond the Asanas
- So …is there yoga without meditation?
The Modern Treatment of Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- What is Crohn’s Disease?
- What is Ulcerative Colitis?
- What it’s like to live with Crohn’s Disease
- The approval of Skyrizi to treat Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- What should you do if you think you have IBD?
- Crohn’s Colitis Awareness Month
- Treating/reversing the damage in the bowel
Coping With Holiday Stress
- Dark packages
- Coping with anxiety
- Noticing cues and avoiding confrontation
- The holidays triggering depression
- Post-traumatic growth
To learn more about show sponsor, Pharma-Z powered by the Health Depot go here
To learn more about Andy Donald go here
To learn more about Julie Watson go here
To learn more about Dr. Remo Panaccione go here.
To learn more about Catherine Clark go here