Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on June 24 and 25, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss what Health Canada’s proposed changes to the regulation of natural products means to you with nutraceutical maker Joel Thuna, the connection between fasting and anti-aging with author and health advocate Greg Lindberg, trends in men’s health with registered dietician Nicole Osinga and what it’s like to be a senior living with diabetes with Monique Laframboise
We specifically discuss:
Save Our Supplements!
- What are “natural health products”?
- Were natural health products always regulated?
- What are the benefits of regulation?
- How are natural health products currently regulated by Health Canada?
- How new health products are brought to market
- The changes being proposed by Health Canada
- The new fee structure: Why is it problematic?
- New packaging requirements
- Are there health efficacies to the proposed changes?
- How will the proposed changes impact you?
- What can you do about it?
- To reach your MP go here
Fasting and Anti-Aging
- How do you turn back the hands of time?
- How do you extend life without compounds?
- Fasting, intermittent fasting, reducing calories, etc.
- Embracing hormesis
- How quickly do changes come?
- How much fasting is required?
Men’s Health Trends
- How does alcohol intake differ between men and women
- The health benefits of limiting or quitting alcohol intake
- Health priorities as men age
- Health risks more common for men
- Foods for men to eat…and avoid
- Physical activities that are beneficial for men
- What do men tend to overlook in their diet?
- Health myths
Seniors Living With Diabetes
- Circumstances of diagnosis
- A day in the life
- The management of blood sugar levels
- How is overall care managed?
- What should someone diagnosed with diabetes know?
- Advice for seniors
To learn more about show sponsor, Save Our Supplements! go here
To learn more about Joel Thuna go here
To learn more about Greg Lindberg go here
To learn more about Nicole Osinga go here