Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on December 2 and 3, 2023 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to find balance and peace of mind during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season with health researcher Andrea Donsky, the efficacies of micro-dosing psilocybin for performance with author and advocate Peggy Van de Plaasche, what it’s like to live with Guillain-Barre Syndrome with Holly Frances and tongue exercises for your health with speech language pathologist Toni-Ann Antoniato
We specifically discuss:
Finding Balance During the Holiday Chaos
- What can we do, from a lifestyle perspective, to reduce stress?
- …especially during the Holiday season
- Mindful breathing
- Exercise and stress
- The power of sleep
- Contraindications for adaptogens
- Holy Basil, Ashwagandha and functional mushrooms
- EPA’s in Omega 3’s
- Looking past the holidays
- What is micro-dosing?
- Why microdose psilocybin specifically?
- Mental health
- “Bad trips” aren’t an issue with micro-dosing
- Do you need to increase dosage over time?
- Side effects, contraindications and common sense
- Complementary health practice
Living with Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- What is Guillain-Barre Syndrome (“GBS”)
- The diagnosis
- The trigger for the disease
- “I am Number 12” campaign
- Stress on the family of those who suffer from GBS
- What should we know about rare diseases?
Tongue Exercises For Your Health
- Why are tongues important to our health?
- Swallowing, speaking etc.
- Do our tongues weaken as we age?
- What happens if our tongue weakens?
- What causes our tongues to weaken?
- Why would our tongues not rest properly?
- How can healthy tongues improve our health?
- Suggested exercises
- Tongue twisters
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here
To learn more about Andrea Donsky go here
To learn more about Peggy Van de Plaasche go here
To learn more about Holly Frances go here
To learn more about Toni-Ann Antoniato go here