Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 10 and 11 2024 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss why your body needs a variety of antioxidants with nutraceutical formulator Dr. Gordon Chang PhD, the risk factors for eating disorders with researcher Dr. Linda Booij PhD, the importance of medical scribes with medical scribe Rikke Rovsing and immunotherapy as a cancer treatment with researcher Dr. Lee-Hwa Tai PhD
We specifically discuss:
Your Body Needs A Variety of Antioxidants
- All free radicals are not the same
- What are free radicals?
- What do free radicals do?
- Vitamin C – an example of an antioxidant
- How antioxidants work
- Can we get sufficient antioxidants from our food?
- Fiber and the elimination of environmental toxins
The Risk Factors for Eating Disorders
- What is an eating disorder?
- Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Binging Disorder
- Who suffers eating disorders?
- Eating Disorder Week
- Biological factors contributing to eating disorders
- Genetics and epigenetics and the environment
- Social factors
The Importance of Medical Scribes
- What is a medical scribe?
- What does a medical scribe do?
- A medical scribe’s tools
- Training to be a medical scribe
- Why are medical scribes important to the process?
- Who becomes a medical scribe?
- Can AI replace the role of a medical scribe?
- A war story
Immunotherapy as a Cancer Treatment
- What is immunotherapy?
- Is immunotherapy a new approach to treating cancer?
- We don’t know what causes cancer – so vaccines are difficult to develop
- How does immunotherapy work?
- Secondary effects of checkpoint inhibitors
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer – developing a vaccine
To learn more about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang PhD go here.
To learn more about Dr. Linda Booij PhD go here.
To learn more about Rikke Rovsing go here.
To learn more about Dr. Lee-Hwa Tai PhD go here.